I think I've finally cracked trouser making. This pair of black high-waisted trousers were made from a 1950s McCall's pattern using bi-stretch polyester fabric. I hadn't worked with this fabric before so wasn't sure what to expect, but I found it perfect for making trousers - so much so I've already ordered some more in different colours! The trousers are really comfortable to wear and I've worn them almost constantly since I made them a few weeks ago.
This dress is one of my all time favourite vintage finds, I bought it at a vintage fair in Brighton about four years ago and it was the first thing I saw when I walked into the venue. It was at the end of a rack right in front of the door and as soon as I saw it I made a beeline for it. I knew just by looking at it that it would fit and got very excited. I was trying to remember if this dress has been featured on the blog before, I don't think it has but even so I think it's worthy of another post.