Christmas Outfits

Happy New Year! Today I thought I'd take a look back to last month and what I wore over the Christmas period. 



Let's start from Christmas day and work backwards. On the big day I wore this me-made crimplene shift dress (last seen here) and orange wool cardigan that I'd picked up in the Benetton sale the week before.



For my work's Christmas party I wore this 1960s beaded crimplene shift dress, nude Ferragamo shoes and my black Chanel flap bag. The party was a 1920s themed affair held at the Bloomsbury Ballroom in Holborn - I was a big fan of the bramble cocktails they were handing out!

I don't have a lot of 60s evening wear, something which I plan to change in 2017. I haven't been vintage shopping in a long time but will be keeping my eye out for any cocktail dresses in the coming year. 

Hope 2017 is treating you well so far!

x

4 comments

  1. Hi, Sarah!

    It's great to see these pictures of you dressed for the holidays. You looked marvelous in your green and orange apparel. Surely you impressed everyone with your authentic period dancing at the 1920s themed Ballroom function.

    I hope your year is off to a fine start, dear friend Sarah. Happy 2017 to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shady, happy new year to you too!

      Delete
  2. I love your shift dresses - your you-made one is a smasher. (I really need to learn to sew - I'm hoping to knit myself some tops from 60s patterns this year.) Orange and green is a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous outfits especially that beaded beauty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.