You Say You Want a Revolution?


When I heard about the V&A's latest exhibition, You Say You Want A Revolution? Records and Rebels 1966-1970, I was excited to say the least. The V&A is my favourite museum in London and I could happily spend all day there. 



In April 1966, Time magazine dubbed London 'The Swinging City', reflecting its dramatic rise to the centre of world attention. A huge upheaval was taking place in British social and artistic morals. The thriving fashion and cultural scene of 'Swinging London' in the '60s centred on the rise of clothing boutiques such as Bazaar on the King's Road and Biba, which offered colorful new designs for the younger generation. This major exhibition explores the era defining significance and impact of the late 1960s, expressed through some of the greatest music and performances of the 20th century alongside fashion, film, design and political activism.




I wanted to see the exhibition straight away but decided to wait until my birthday as going to the V&A has become a bit of a birthday tradition. Unfortunately you aren't allowed to take any pictures so the ones above are from the V&A website. The exhibition is great and was definitely worth the wait, I could have spent all day there!


Outfit Details
Dress - 1960s, Jacket - Topshop, Bag - Chanel

The exhibition runs until 26 February 2017 so there's plenty of time to see it if you haven't already!

x

Exhibition pictures via V&A

4 comments

  1. Hi, Sarah!

    Happy birthday to you, dear friend! What a wonderful way to celebrate the occasion. The museum is magnificent and the exhibit one of keen interest to people like you and me. I love the juxtaposition of music, fashion, film, design and political activism, affording an overview of Swinging London in the mid 60s.

    You look fabulous in your outfit. Once again, happy birthday, dear friend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Sarah! What an ace way to spend a birthday, that exhibit looks incredible - Jon and I were both born in 1966 so we'd love this.
    Your outfit is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your dress - how perfect for the event. It sounds as though you had a fab birthday. I hope you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.