Sixties Inspiration: M&S Archive















The M&S Archive twitter account is a great source of inspiration and one you should definitely follow if you don't already (@MandSHeritage). I wish M&S still made clothes like this now, the St Michael range produced some great clothes in the 1960s and 1970s. Introduced in 1928 the name was adopted as a 'quality guarantee' and appeared as the St Michael Quality Promise on the back of food products, on the side of delivery vehicles and on in-store ordering receipts. The brand was sadly discontinued in 2000 but you can still find good examples of St Michael clothes on ebay and in charity shops if you're willing to put in the time. I have a few pieces myself!

x

6 comments

  1. The hair on the lady in the yellow crimplene!!

    I wish my sewing studio looked like that one the two ladies are working in. Is it the tailoring department? If they want to do all my sewing that would be fine too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool isn't it, I wish they could do my sewing as well!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it a shame that Marks and Spencer have gone so boring and mainstream? Even older ladies I talk to say there's nothing in there that they want to buy any more.
    I love all the old stuff, any vintage St Michael on my rails sells really quickly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so disappointing, I go in there mainly for food now! x

      Delete
  3. I need that houndstooth suit! It is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it, I need one too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.