Image of an Icon

Photo by Eric Swayne

Last Wednesday I was invited to the launch party of Image of an Icon at Proud Galleries in Chelsea. I hadn't been to Proud Chelsea before so was really looking forward to the event. I took my sister along as she was with me that day and is also a big fan of art and design so I knew she would enjoy it as well.


This summer, Proud Chelsea looks at the most iconic and influential faces from fashion, music, sport and film from the photographers at the heart of Proud Galleries' 20 year history. This unique collection, never before seen in one complete exhibition, takes you on an awe-inspiring journey through the past century and the photographs that encapsulate the length and breadth of popular culture. Featuring a mesmerising portrait of the world's first supermodel, Twiggy, taken by Justin de Villeneuve, an ethereal looking Jane Birkin captured by her brother, Andrew Birkin, Michael Joseph's Hogarthian portraits from the Beggars Banquet shoot in '68, a never before seen shot of The Beatles filming Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane by Mike Champion, this exhibition will reignite your love of some of the most iconic portraits of the 20th century.






There are some amazing images on display, my favourite being the photograph of Jane Birkin shot by Eric Swayne. My sister, being a Formula One fan, was excited to see some candid shots of Senna on display and even got talking to a guy who had met the man himself in Brazil.



I had a really fun evening so big thank you to Proud Galleries for inviting me along! The exhibition is on until 18 September so you have plenty of time to catch it.


Outfit Details
Dress - Handmade, Coat - 1960s, Bag - Chanel Classic Flap, Bangle - Hermes Clic H


x

6 comments

  1. This sounds so cool! I would love to see all of these images of 1960s style - that photo of Jane Birkin is truly stunning. So much inspiration in one place!
    xoxo,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Stones picture makes me go weak at the knees!
    What a fab exhibition and don't you look a picture, too? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sarah!

    I wish I had been able to attend that marvelous exhibition in Chelsea! Supermodel Twiggy was born two months before Shady and I remember when she burst onto the scene in the mid 60s and inspiring young women to match her unique look. I would love to examine those iconic pictures of the Beatles and Stones.

    You're looking beautiful as always, Sarah. Thank you for taking me along on a tour of Proud Galleries, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.