The Meyer Dancers


The Meyer Dancers have been on my radar for a while now, and I thought it was about time they were on yours too if they weren't already! 

These gals are professionally-trained dancers and choreographers and have been performing GoGo for the past three years. Based in London, they've supported Geno Washington, The Sonics and The Trashmen and have performed all over the world at corporate events and private parties. They pride themselves on their authenticity and have an extensive repertorie of swinging 60s routines. I've seen these ladies perform at some 60s events in London and they really are fab.





If you're on instagram then you definitely need to check out their feed (@themeyerdancers) - so much 60s inspiration! Whilst you're there, give me a follow if you haven't already, I'm @stylesixties   :)

x

6 comments

  1. Hi, Sarah!

    Gosh, I never heard of The Meyer Dancers and I'm so glad you introduced them. They are sensational and really do hark back to the go-go dancers in the movies of Russ Meyer, one of my favorite directors. I enjoyed watching them dance their way through that medley which started with the soundtrack from the opening scene of Meyer's 1966 cult classic Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! The other two songs, Smokey's "Going To A Go-Go" and Edwin Starr's hit "25 Miles," were both jukebox hits at the Shady Dell and I danced to them often back in the 60s. I predict that London's go-go girls The Meyer Dancers will go on and on as an act, replacing retiring members with new ones, thereby preserving the legacy of this cultural phenomenon of the 60s and 70s. I could see you as a member of the troupe, Sarah! :)

    Have a fab Friday and weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to introduce them to you Shady. Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. oh i love these girls! ive been spying them on instagram for awhile and i think Tegan may be Aussie from memory. I wish i could see them in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they. If you ever come to London you should try and check them out. Maybe they'll go to Aus one day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.