Missoni Art Colour Exhibition


Last week I popped over to the Fashion and Textile Museum to check out the Missoni Art Colour exhibition. I love Missoni prints and their use of colour, a friend of mine has an annoying habit of being able to find amazing Missoni scarves and kaftans in TK Maxx - she has all the luck!


The Fashion and Textile Museum is a great little place in Bermondsey and is one of my favourite museums in London. It's small so you only need to allow yourself an hour (or in my case 30 mins, I tend to whizz through exhibitions. I read it and move on, I do try to take my time though!). The exhibition explores the creative process of the Italian fashion house and the textiles of Ottavio and Rosita Missoni in the context of 20th century fine art. It showcases over 60 years of fashion alongside paintings by leading 20th century European artists that have influenced Ottavio and Rosita (there are works by Sonia Delaunay, Lucio Fontanta and Gino Severini) and textile studies, paintings and Arazzi by Ottavio Missoni.



It is a great exhibition that celebrates a family firm that has become an international success by combining craft expertise, materials and the latest design trends. I loved the way it was set out  and wanted to take all of the outfits home with me.

I may have come home with a little Missoni piece myself from the gift shop, ahem! (I love a gift shop).





I had come over all beatnik on the day of the exhibition and wore an all black outfit with my favourite orange crimplene jacket providing some colour. I was quite unwell in June and this exhibition was my first outing for a while.


Outfit Details
Trousers - Vivien of Holloway, Knitted Top - Zara, Shoes - Ferragamo Vara, Bag - Mulberry Alexa

Afterwards I headed over to the Whitechapel gallery to see the Mary Heilmann exhibition which was  also great. I had never been to the gallery before, despite walking past it all the time, it's free as well so there's no excuse not to go more often. 

x

2 comments

  1. Wow! I'd love that exhibition. Missoni - vintage and new is always fabulous and you look wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.