Me Made May

This year I didn't make a pledge for Me Made May but I thought I'd still update you on any me-made outfits that I wear this month. I've been posting snaps of my outfits on Instagram so if you follow me on there you'll have seen these pictures before.

So far this month I've been quite bad at documenting my outfits and there have been a few that I've completely forgotten to take photos of until it was too dark to get any decent shots.

A line wool dress - Style 2621 (1969)
Crimplene shift dress - Simplicity 7195 (1967)
A line crimplene dress - Style 2621 (1969)
Wool shift dress - Simplicity 5537 (1964)

As you can probably tell from the first photo, I went to see the Elvis at The O2 exhibition at the beginning of the month. Much to my dismay the car parking attendant thought I was there to see Olly Murs, I had no idea he was popular enough to fill the O2 (shows how much attention I pay to the charts!) and quickly corrected her that I was in fact there to see Elvis! After battling the crowds of pre-teens waiting for the doors to open, we were able to get to the exhibition and were delighted to find it half empty. It's smaller than I thought it would be but as an Elvis fan it was definitely worth the visit.

See you soon with more me-mades!

x

8 comments

  1. A vision in crimplene! Love all those dresses, they fit beautifully.
    Don't let Jon hear you dissing Olly Murs, he loves him! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't tell him I said anything! I've nothing against him personally I'm just not a fan of his music.

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Sarah! I'm delighted to see this post showing off your expertly crafted me-mades. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the one with horizontal stripes. Green is my favorite color and I love the cut and the hemline. In addition, a slender form like yours is perfect for horizontal stripes.

    Enjoy the rest of your day and week, dear friend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like 7195! That color is gorg and it seems to fit you so well. i've looked it up on etsy to possibly copy you and i see it has both bust and french darts, so that might be why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to sound silly, but, if you ever have time, could you take some close-up pictures of the fabric known in England as Crimplene? It's obviously a kind of polyester; is it always a knit? Is it always a double-knit (thick and textured)? Crimplene per se was invented in England, but we definitely had equivalents in the U.S. If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, it was also used for men's "leisure suits" in the early 1970s. Our 1960's polyester double-knits had more body and stiffness than later polyester knits. Sometimes they had a sort of jacquard raised texture, too. (You couldn't make a Diane von Furstenburg wrap dress out of an American polyester doubleknit!) My husband once wrote a dictionary of British words that mean something different in the U.S., but I need to see a close-up of crimplene to really understand it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thanks for your comment. I'll try and include some close up shots next time I show something made from crimplene, hopefully that will help.

      Delete
  5. i love that stripy one! even the offset stripes in the bust are cool! goodness who is this olly murs? Someone called my office the other day asking if my company wanted to sponsor five seconds of summer and we all had a good chuckle cause their so not who our client base likes.. ahh well. you look great so far nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was a fail on my part. I only realised once I'd cut the dress out that the big dart would muck up the lines! It turned out better than I thought it would though.

      Haha how funny, I saw a video of theirs once and it did make me laugh. Olly Murs is this guy who was a contestant on the X Factor I think (I don't watch any of those reality shows so I might be wrong), I don't think he won but he seems to have done pretty well out of it so fair play to him!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.