Favourite Looks of 2014

The countdown to Christmas is officially on...only two more days to go!

I thought I'd do a little round-up of some of my favourite outfits from this year. I tend to wear the same sort of thing, shift dresses and little skirt suits but I've had some new additions to my wardrobe this year and I always like to look back on what I've worn throughout the year (I think about clothes way too much.......).



I love this 1960s crimplene dress that I made earlier this year. Now that the weather has turned colder I've been wearing it quite a bit. It was first seen here back in April.


Handmade a-line dress worn with a vintage scarf. I'm a big fan of wearing scarves with dresses and this is a typical outfit for me. This dress was first seen here, when I participated in Me-Made-May.




Shift dresses are my favourite thing to wear and I've made quite a few of them for myself (8 and counting..). The colour-block shift was first seen here, the curtain shift dress here and the white floral one here.




One of my favourite crimplene dresses, this one gets a lot of wear! I often pair it with white tights, as seen above in the Isle of Wight.


In the summer I love to wear high waist skirts and trousers with little cropped blouses. This 1950s inspired one was made from a small piece of fabric that I had in my stash.



I had this gorgeous leather coat made for me late last year from a company called Wear Wolf who are based in East London. I sent them a picture of my design and they made it exactly to my requirements - I highly recommend them! Back in September I wore the coat and a 1960s nylon shift dress to Goodwood Revival.


So there you have it, a round-up of my favourite outfits for this year. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope you have a good one.

x

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. Hello, dear Sarah! With a model's figure like yours who wouldn't think of clothes much of the time? Your frame was literally made for stylish dresses, skirts and blouses like these. I remember most of these outfits and it's nice to gaze at them again in this year end review. This has been a wonderful year of bloggy friendship for us, dear Sarah, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shady. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

      Delete
  2. As a kind of newcomer to your blog I must say I adore your outfits. I feel most comfortable in a 60's shift dress too. And crimplene is a favourite, but not so practical in the Australian heat! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can imagine crimplene being a bit uncomfortable to wear in the Australian heat, I struggle sometimes with an English summer!

      Delete
  3. Shift dresses really suit you. All of these outfits are so lovely! I can't wait to see what you wear and sew in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your favourite dress is indeed my favourite dress! You made so many adorable things this year! cant wait to see what you make next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.