Au Revoir 2014

I probably say this every year but my, doesn't time fly! It only feels like yesterday that I was compiling my round-up of 2013 and now here I am rounding up 2014.

January
The year started off like any other, cold and miserable. I had a bad knee and spent most of January and February with a limp. My knee proved to be a mystery and I still don't know what was wrong with it.


I also showed you all how to do the Watusi in January.....



...and shared with you my latest make, a tartan dress with contrast collar and cuffs.

February


Not a great deal happened in February, in fact I only posted once that month. Here I am prancing around in my Orla Kiely shoes

March


March saw me heading down to Pakefield for the first Hep Cats Holiday of the year. The dancers pictured above are Steve and Chanzie from the US, you should check out some of their stuff on youtube, they're amazing.

April



In April I was a busy bee, the Easter bank holiday weekend saw me heading down to the V&A where I happened to find myself in the middle of a ska festival. Ska is one of my all time favourite genres of music, me and the boy were wandering through the V&A when we heard the unmistakable ska bass which we followed until we found the source. It got packed pretty quickly after we arrived so we timed it just right.


In April I was also invited to attend Pinterest's Festival Embellishment event at Hand and Lock which was really fun.

May


I participated in Me-Made-May for the first time this year and also went on a trip to the Isle of Wight.

June


My post on the 60s breton ended up on the cover of Mod Scene Weekly in June.


I also went to the Harry Potter studio tour which was all kinds of awesome.

July


July saw me heading off to Hep Cats Holiday again, this time in Weston-Super-Mare.

August




In August I hopped on the Eurostar to Paris, where I got mistaken for being French by an actual Frenchman. It's a bit of a running joke whenever I go away anywhere, as for some reason people never think I'm English and will often speak to me in French at first. When I went away in November to Cyprus, some English people at the resort we were staying at even thought I was French - bizarre. As far as I know there isn't any French blood in my heritage, just Irish and English!

September


September was Goodwood Revival time - my favourite event of the year.

October


In October I celebrated my birthday and also popped down to see the Poppy display at the Tower of London. It was very moving.

November


November saw me heading off to Cyprus to attend a friend's wedding and spend a relaxing week in the sun. I made friends with one of the hotel cats - I like to think that we bonded but he was probably only hanging around because he thought I was going to give him food.

December


I was sick for most of December with the flu, which made getting into the Christmas spirit quite difficult. I did manage to drag myself out of bed to go and see Bombay Bicycle Club at Earls Court. I'd booked it months in advance and didn't want to miss it as they're one of my favourite bands. It also happened to be the last gig at Earls Court before the bulldozers moved in (apparently they're building luxury flats - because what London really needs right now is more luxury flats).


I did get into the festive spirit though and spent a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. 2014 has been a fun year and I'm looking forward to 2015. Thank you all for continuing to read my blog, see you on the other side!

x

5 comments

  1. Hi, dear Sarah! What fun it is to read this yearender and review the highlights of 2014. Fortunately your knee healed early on, allowing you to get out on the floor and participate in swing dancing on several occasions. I was with you all the way as you traveled to your favorite annual events and greatly admired the vintage clothing styles you picked for every occasion. In 2014 you did your part to keep the look and the spirit of the 60s alive. It was a joy to behold.

    Happy new year to you, dear friend Sarah, and thank you for your continued friendship and support. Let's pledge to make 2015 the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Sarah! Here's to an even more stylish 2015! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post ! Happy New Year to you !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you had a wonderful year Sarah! Mine was full to grumbling and cursing so I'm very happy for you! I love that green velvet dress in your last photo, well all your dresses are excellent! And boo! tearing down an iconic night club for apartments? geeze louise. i feel you. they like to do that sort of rubbish down here too, though how anyone can afford it i dont know!
    I hope 2015 is just as fun and full of wonderful things for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, great memories. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.