Revival Outfits


It's my favourite time of year again - Goodwood Revival time. This event is the highlight of my social calendar and is an event that my family have been going to since it first started - my dad being the classic car nut that he is.



On Saturday I wore my new (to me) 1960s dress suit, purchased from the wonderful Radio Days in Waterloo. I teamed it with an old pair of Marks and Spencer Mary Jane's that I've had for years and are comfy enough to walk around all day in and, when it turned a bit chilly, my 1960s fur jacket. The bag was from etsy and the scarf was vintage too although I can't for the life of me remember where I got it.


Sunday's outfit consisted of a handmade nylon shift dress, made from my favourite 1960s Style pattern and a bespoke leather coat that I had made for me last year. The handbag is my favourite Louis Vuitton, I bought it over a year ago and have used it pretty much every week since.


The weather was lovely - as you can see from the photos I didn't really take my Raybans off! I had a great time and the weekend flew by - I'm already looking forward to next year.

You can see last years outfit here.

x

8 comments

  1. Hi, Sarah! I've been following you for quite some time and remember you showing us this annual event and the classic cars and scooters on your old blog. I well remember women wearing that shade of green with a fur wrap and you carry it off nicely. Moving on to the second outfit, I am amazed at the fine craftsmanship on display in your me-mades. You are very talented!

    I'm glad you had such nice weather for the Goodwood Revival. It's been a dark and dreary day here in Central Florida where President Obama is currently visiting.

    Good night, dear friend Sarah, and have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing in that 60s dress suit!!! Also really love the shot of the girls on the mopeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this looks like the most wonderful festival, and your two outfits are just perfect. You are a true 60's queen and you wear 60s skirt suits oh so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful! I adore that green suit and the photo of you in the glam motor! I remember when Tesco used to have that sign! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this looks like you had a fab time there! I would love to go to that event someday.
    Love the vintage Tesco sign!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must first admire how well your new dress suit suits you! The colour is really eye catching and looks perfect with your red hair too. I could hardly believe it when I read you'd made both you shift dress and leather coat. I was admiring your coat when you posted it on instagram earlier this week. You're very talented! The weather does look lovely from the photos. I do remember your great Goodwood revival post from last year and now look forward to seeing next year's post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i so want to go to Goodwood one day. My boyfriend naturally wants to go for the cars and I for the vintage fashion. I really cant decide which i like best - your green suit or your very perfect leather coat! Such a good idea to get it made, leather is far to hard to sew with. You look fab in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that green suit is just perfect: love it with the jacket, too - you look so glam! This looks like such a fun event: I so wish there was something like it near here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.