Instagram Roundup July - August

Well, we've certainly been having a lovely summer this year. I had to actually dig the umbrella out the other day when it rained as it has been so long since I've had to use it.

Today I thought I would do an instagram roundup of my summer so far, if you don't already follow me on there my username is @stylesixties.





It has been really hot this year, so hot in fact that I've had to stop wearing the polyester shift dresses (the horror!). I don't cope particularly well in the heat, my body can't seem to regulate temperature very well as I'm either freezing cold or boiling hot. I've taken to wearing 70s midi skirts and cropped blouses in the heat, I even dug out an old Topshop playsuit (seen above) that doesn't see the light of day very often.


I've been busy sewing as well and made a pair of denim shorts from a 1950s sewing pattern. They were originally meant to be slacks but I found the denim a bit overwhelming so shortened them.


This picture was taken in the woods behind my house, it was eerily quiet in there like something out of a scary movie. I used to play out over there as a kid so it was nice to reminisce about summer holidays.


If you follow me on Facebook you will have seen that I was featured as one of Grazia Daily's Pinners To Watch on Friday, the full article can be found here. Thanks Grazia!

I can't believe that we're halfway through August already, my how time flies.

x

5 comments

  1. Hi, Sarah! It's great to reconnect with you after my long hiatus. I know I "sound" like a broken record, but you look picture perfect in these three photographs! You are the poster girl for clean, smart, feminine and chic. With a form like yours, horizontal stripes are always an option and the red and white combo suits you very nicely. The second picture knocks me out. You never looked better! Looks like you did a fine job on your sewing project, too.

    If you think your weather has been hot wait until you read about the second leg of my trip through the desert southwest. Look for that post this Sunday. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That playsuit is all kinds of awesome! Keep it in rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just gorgeous, I love that playsuit and the shorts are great.
    What a spooky space, it looks like a scene from a horror film. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the mention in Grazia! That's so exciting! (Though I don't think the girl in the bottom left is a picture of the pinner, I think that is blogger 'Esme and the laneway') Anyway! I love your summery outfits! The shops here are starting to run adds for spring things! I love those shorts you made too, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning with the playsuit !! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.