Pinterest's Festival Embellishment Workshop

Last week I received an email from Pinterest UK asking me if I'd like to attend a goldwork embroidery workshop at Hand & Lock in association with Mastered. I didn't have to think twice about accepting, Hand & Lock is the most prestigious embroidery design brand in the world and has been around for nearly 250 years (amazing!), it counts the British Royal Family amongst its many clients.


Upon arrival we were able to explore the lovely workrooms and admire all the amazing embroidery that was on display. I have a new found respect for hand embroidered items and now know why they cost so much - so many hours go into the making of a piece and the embroiderers are insanely talented.



Tour over, we sat down to begin the workshop where we were shown how to embroider our very own goldwork leaf by Production Director Jessica. There I am above, concentrating hard. My long nails meant I found picking up the pieces tricky - damn you long nails (I won't file them down though, years ago at school I played the violin for a few terms and it meant cutting my nails right down. I hated it and eventually stopped playing. Yes, vanity got in the way of a potential career as a violinist ;) but I digress!).


I had a great time learning a new skill and it was lovely to meet lots of other pinners. Thanks Pinterest for inviting me!

All photos taken from the Pinterest UK Facebook page.

x

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. Aw I was invited too but couldn't go :( Would have been so nice to meet you! Another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame, it would have been lovely to meet you! I'm sure there'll be something else soon.

      Delete
  2. That looks so interesting and you look beautiful, love that dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing-sounding workshop! That dress is gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful event! Your dress is to die for! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun! looks like it was a very interesting and educational event!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.