Me Made May - Week 3

Hello lovelies! It seems another week has gone by which means that it's time for another round up of my me-made outfits.

Last week I went on a little trip to the Isle of Wight. I used to visit the island regularly as a child and haven't been back for about 10 years so it was nice to go and visit all the old haunts.  I stayed in The Bungalow (part of Vintage Vacations), so for a few days I got to pretend that I was living in the 1960s - it even had an English Rose kitchen! I didn't actually wear any me-made outfits during the trip and it wasn't until Saturday that I actually wore something me-made so there are only two outfits this week.



The weather has been lovely so on Saturday I wore my crimplene colour block dress that you saw the other week.



Sunday was another hot day so I wore this red cotton dress that I made using Butterick 2502 from the early 60s. When the weather warms up I tend to wear mid-length dresses and skirts, I've got some fab mid-length ones from the 70s that I love wearing during the summer months.

I shall have to wear four me-made outfits this week to make up for only wearing two last week! I'm also posting my outfits on instagram (@stylesixties) should you wish to follow me on there.

Have a great week guys.

x

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments

  1. Such a pretty dress. I love the Isle of Wight, gorwing up in Portsmouth, we often went over there for the day or even on holiday for a fortnight, it's very stuck in the past which I aodre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight
    If it's not too dear
    We shall scrimp and save
    Grandchildren on your knee
    Vera, Chuck & Dave

    Hello, dear Sarah! You look smashing in these me-mades! Seems every color, shade and style you choose showcases your beauty and femininity. I hope your illness is far behind you by now, dear friend, and I wish you a very happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous frocks, red suits you wonderfully. I've never been to the Isle of Wight but I hear the charity shops are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely dresses, I really love the colour block one. These red shades really suit you well.
    I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time in the Isle of Wight! I've never been myself but I've heard that it's very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore that second dress! (and that your lipstick colour seems to be the same shade as the belt.) Looks perfect for warm weather. I hope you had a great time in The isle of Wight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely that you visited the island again after so long, and it must have been lovely to have a kitchen like that to call your own while you were there. I think red is certainly your power colour in clothing, you look fabulous in it. Both dresses are gorgeous, and the second one looks perfect for a sunny day. Your lipstick matches these dresses perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully lovely dresses both. I'm especially taken with the length and overall lines of the second, as that is the sort of style I'd be more apt to wear myself if I was sporting a 60s look. You really create such splendid garments, dear Sarah - awesome work!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! ive never seen that second one before

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.