Isle of Wight Adventures


Last week I went on a mini break to the Isle of Wight, I used to holiday there as a child and have many happy memories of the place. The island is actually one of my favourite places to be and I really should try and go there more often. 

We stayed in the lovely Vintage Vacations Bungalow which is located in Ventnor - a very hilly part of the island with some incredibly steep roads!



Outfit details
Vintage St Michael dress, Salvatore Ferragamo Vara shoes, Raybans and Louis Vuitton Alma handbag

The first day was spent driving round the island and paying a visit to Godshill, home to an awesome model village and lots of pensioners on coach trips. I can't tell you how excited I was whilst walking around the model village, I'm such a child.



We then settled into our home for the next couple of days and I set about making tea (I'm a big tea drinker). The trip was was mainly spent revisiting old haunts such as the guesthouse where we used to stay. We also popped into all the charity shops that we spotted along the way and various vintage stores - I did a lot of driving!

Outfit Details
Burberry Mac, American Apparel trousers and Boutique by Jaeger top


The last day was spent at the lovely Osbourne House, Queen Victoria's holiday home. It has changed a lot since I was last there and you can now walk down to the private beach. I wouldn't advise doing this in your best shoes, I don't actually own a pair of practical shoes but had I'd known I'd be walking down a woodland path and along a beach I wouldn't have worn my beloved navy Ferragamo's that's for sure! That's me all over though, always overdressed for everything.





If you ever get the chance, and you like a slightly slower pace of life, then I definitely recommend paying a visit to the island. It's a welcome break from city life and the island really is a beautiful place and lovely to drive around. You can get a mean cream tea and there are lots of lovely beaches and tons of things to see and do. I want to go back already!

x

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. In man's evolution he created the cities and
    The motor traffic rumble, but give me half a chance
    And I'd be taking off my clothes and living in the jungle

    The I.O.W. isn't quite the jungle, dear Sarah, but it looks like a delightful and very restful experience. Based on these pictures of its natural beauty and your description of the slower pace of life, it seems like the perfect place to get away from the city rat race, relax and recharge your batteries. I would be astounded milling around that scale model village!

    I admire women who are overdressed for everything. Happy Thursday to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you've stepped out of a 1960s holiday brochure! Love that photo of you in the kitchen and everything you wore! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with vix; you look like you just stepped out of a 60s brochure! the kitchen picture is lovely, too. what a lovely room! i also cannot get enough of that orange dress with blue flowers. that print is so wnderful i just love it!!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your outfits are so lovely! My very favourite is the last one shown. It looks and sounds like you had a great time revisiting this place. I cannot get over that model village, it is quite incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. id so love to visit there one day - perhaps in the same trip i take to London. It will happen! I love those tiny model villages. we have a few around Australia but i haven't been to any of them. Its such a curious thing - to make a tiny village. I don't know why we do it, but obviously that strange weird side of the English culture still exists in Aussies. Heck we even go reverse and build giant versions of things - bananas, rams, pineapples and so on

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kitchen is gorgeous! You look right at home there. I have thought of going over there to stay in another of their accomodations - Mabel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.