Goodbye 2013

This year has well and truly flown by. I always enjoy seeing other bloggers end of year posts so thought I would do one of my own this year. 

January



In January I braved the snowy weather and attended a pattern cutting course at the Fashion and Textile museum. Whilst I was there I also got the chance to see the Hartnell to Amies exhibition.


February



I went to my first dancing weekender in February, Goodnight Sweetheart in Hertford. 

March



March saw me away at another dancing weekend. This time it was Hep Cats Holiday held in Pakefield. I had a brilliant time and have already booked for next year.

April



Besides wearing a fabulous orange crimplene dress, I also went to the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition at the Tate and was snapped at the Cats Meow dance night in April.

May


I went to Secret Cinema's production of Brazil in May which took place in an old office block in Croydon and I also saw Vampire Weekend at the Troxy in Limehouse. The Troxy is one of my favourite gig venues in London, mainly because it's really easy for me to get home afterwards! 

June


I met the legend that is Barbara Hulanicki at a book signing in June, she signed my copy of Seamless From Biba.

July




July saw me heading off for another dancing weekend. This time it was Hep Cats Holiday in Weston Supermare.

August



More dancing! This time at the Barrelhouse Stomp in Battlesbridge, Essex.

September



My favourite event of the year, Goodwood Revival, was held in September. I've already booked my tickets for next year.

October


October saw me celebrate my birthday and attend an Arctic Monkey's gig at Earls Court.

November


I sure do a lot of dancing, here I am at Jinx's Joint in Bounds Green.

December


A very misty day in Canary Wharf, this was the view from my ivory tower one misty day in December. If you look closely you can spot the Shard poking out of the mist.


Christmas is my favourite time of year, here I am wearing a new handmade dress at a festive party. Stay tuned for a post on this dress in the new year.

Thank you all for reading my blog this year, here's to 2014!

x

10 comments

  1. You certainly danced up a storm in 2013, Sarah, and you are definitely in the running for the title of Miss Photogenic. It's been a great pleasure getting to know you this year and to follow your blog, the old one and the new version. I look forward to all you have in store in 2014.

    Happy new year, dear friend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shady, you are too kind! Wishing you a vey happy new year.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a fab year of blogging Sarah. Happy New Year to you when it comes, see you in 2014!
    Valerie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulously fun year in review post! I think I shall have to follow your lovely lead and put together one akin to this myself when 2014 comes to a close (I opted for my usual month in review for the end of December this year instead, but will be swapping out that series in 2014 for another, so the end of 2014 should be clear for just such a post).

    Wishing you an awesome New Year and 2014, sweet gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, gorgeous! see you in 2014! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Vix, I hope you have a fabulous holiday! x

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic year! You certainly did a lot of dancing! Something i should try doing more. that orange dress is amazing also and lined up with all those girls, i see your so much taller then i imagined! which is kind of cool, because im also pretty tall and i so i hope you feel my pain about too short skirts and trousers from the shops!
    Heres to 2014! I hope its just as amazing for you and i cant wait to see that tartan dress! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only when I looked back at the year that I realised just how much dancing I did, I was out practically every week!

      Yeah I'm pretty tall, I've literally given up on trousers from the high street. Apart from American Apparel, they do some that are the perfect fit (I like trousers that sit on my actual waist and not my hips and they're not too short either). It's a good thing we can make our own skirts and trousers! x

      Delete
  6. It's been a pleasure reading your blog, Sarah. It looks like you've had a really fun year and that you danced it away! Best wishes for 2014 and I am looking forward to seeing your future posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, you were dancing through the year ... There is nothing better :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.